To register contact Dawn Roy at 203-331-7458
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
And Organized by State Rep. Terrie Wood
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Thursday, April 3rd and Thursday, April 10th, 2014
(You must attend both sessions for certification)
EMS Post 53
0 Ledge Road Darien, CT
9:00 – 4:00 Lunch Provided
$100 course fee
As a follow on to our 2013 Annual Meeting Presentation on Mental Health, Representative Wood has again arranged for this hands on training program to be offered in Darien. The last two sessions were at capacity and the feedback is extremely favorable.
Mental Health First Aid is a 12-hour certification course given over 2 days that helps individuals and communities better understand mental health issues and respond accordingly to others who may be experiencing distress.
Who should take Mental Health First Aid training?
- primary care professionals;
- school personnel, nurses and educators;
- first-responders, fire, police and corrections officers;
- nursing home staff;
- employers, human resources professionals and business leaders;
- state policymakers, volunteers, and the general public.
About the Program
Mental Health First Aid is an interactive course designed to give members of the public key skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.Like CPR training helps a non-medical professional assist an individual following a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid training helps an individual who doesn’t have clinical training assist someone experiencing a mental health crisis.
Mental Health First Aiders learn the following:
- The prevalence of mental illnesses in the U.S.
- The potential warning signs of the most common mental health disorders.
- A 5 step action plan to assist an individual in crisis.
- Resources available to help someone with a mental health problem
About the Instructor
Dawn Roy, LCSW is in private practice in Fairfield, CT serving the mental health needs of the community. Ms. Roy has been a MHFA instructor since 2009 providing over 30 MHFA training courses throughout Fairfield County.
Seating is limited to the first 30 registrants
To register or for more information contact Dawn Roy at 203-331-7458 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fee: $100 per person
Includes 3 year certification in MHFA, 2 day training, MHFA manual, handouts and certificate.
Attendees must attend both days in order to receive certification.